Open position at Norlab for a scientific instrument sales specialist, pharmaceutical testing, separation science and spectroscopy
Open position for a scientific instrument sales specialist, based in Vantaa, Finland
Pharmaceutical testing, separation science and spectroscopy
Sales territory: Nordic countries
Norlab Oy was founded in 1992. As a scientific distributor, we focus on important areas of modern science, such as biotechnology, nanotechnology, drug discovery and environmental sciences. We act as the distributor in the Nordic countries of manufacturers with unique products and solutions, sharing our philosophy: success must be based on dedication and customer satisfaction. We have an outstanding knowledge of most aspects of separation sciences, materials characterization and pharmaceutical testing. We essentially take care of all installations, qualification and validation tests, customer instrument trainings, service and maintenance in our territory.
Full job description
Our scientific instrument sales specialist is responsible for the sales of pharmaceutical testing, separation science and spectroscopy instruments in the Nordic countries sales region, within assigned accounts. These products include instruments for pharmaceutical dissolution (Distek) and membrane permeability testing (PermeGear). Our separation science portfolio includes Field-Flow Fractionation (Postnova) and chromatography instruments and accessories (Teledyne Tekmar, Gilson, VICI). In spectroscopy we offer a comprehensive range of instruments (Jasco) and accessories (PIKE Technologies and Starna).
Schedule: regular full-time
Travel required: yes, up to 50% of the time, but probably less as the “new normal” after COVID-19 will probably mean less travelling and more webinars and online meetings with customers
Option to work remotely: yes, at least part of the time
- BSc, MSc or PhD degree in a relevant field such as chemistry, biochemistry, pharmacy or any life science
- Fluency in spoken and written Finnish and English
- Good collaboration skills and positive attitude
- Good organization, planning and time management skills
- Self-motivation and ability to work independently
- Good communication and presentation skills
- Strong IT skills, including at least Microsoft Office products (Excel, Word, Power Point and Outlook)
In addition, we appreciate
- Fluency in spoken and written Swedish (or other Scandinavian language)
- A high level of knowledge in analytical technologies
If you are interested in the position and feel that you have the necessary skills, please send your application and CV in English with salary expectation to Michel Palu, email@example.com. The work will start when the qualified personnel has been found.